Monday, January 4, 2010

Save The Date

Last night we recieved our first draft of our Save The Date's. This is a project that is near and dear to me, as Cara has granted me project manager status. At first, I really wanted something funny and cute as our STD's (editor's note: the Save The Date abbreviation [STD] is not in any way flattering to itself or anyone who use's it).

Anyways, I know our invitations are going to be all serious and stuffed with girly goodness, so I saw this as a great oppurtunity to showcase our couple personality. I had some great STD concepts. I must emphasize that I am referring to the Save The Date's and not some form of "super crabs" that the kids will totally be scratching themselves over.

But after a lot of thought and discussion with the future Mrs., I decided to try to whip up something on photoshop. A real rough look at what it might shape up to be. Cara really liked it and I passed it along to my best man, who happens to be a hella awesome graphic designer with jedi-like skills.

So last night he sent us the first draft. It looks real good. It's like my version is how the girl looks when you get the bar and his is what she looks like after you've been drinking for hours and it's last call. That's not to say his is an ugly whore who just seems like a good option at the time. No, his is truly awesome. We're going to see if we want to fine tune anything about before we commit to it.

It's January 4th. I feel like August 14th is just around the corner. My stomach just dropped.

No comments:

Post a Comment