Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Oh to look of rich mahogany

So, we are just a few days away from the magical half year mark. That means just over six months until I get a Mrs. Now, she's still unclear on what her last name will be, but we'll leave that for another post.

The half year mark is time to focus. Not on florists or table centerpieces. No, those things involve my other half as the project manager and I in an consulting role with random moments of illusions of being a co-manager in this.

Nope. My current focus (aside from finding a place for us to actually get married), is the of the health and vain variety. First and foremost I just need to push myself harder at the gym..... and at going to the gym. No problem. I can do that. Secondly, I need to eat better (blah blah blah everyone says that).

For the vain part, I just started tanning. Oh yes, I signed up for it at my gym and now wear the goofy goggles and specify a certain number of minutes to lay in a tube of really bright lights. Now I could say "well I just want to get a little color before the honeymoon," because that's most everyone else's excuse who is doing this before they get married. Not this guy. I'm doing this because I've recently become way to white for my own good. I'm pretty sure it's starting to effect my personality as I've recently started missing certain things like zebra pants.

As far as my skin is concerned I've always been one of those awesome people. Awesome because I tan like crazy without effort and hardly ever burn. But I've found that when you leave college and get a real job, you don't get to be outside during the day very much. And that for two years now has left me looking like Stay Puft:




Now I don't plan on getting real tan or abusing it. I'm pretty aware of skin cancer risks, advanced aging and want none of it. Plus I don't want to look like this dude (even though he has a sweet tie):




And I'll end this on a sad note. My fiance, the poor, poor girl. She is some form of translucent that they can't even see to identify. She tans and is who got me into this crazy game.

No comments:

Post a Comment