Sunday, February 21, 2010

We booked a place to be married in and it wasn't a van down by the river!


Oh yes, we have booked a church for the wedding. We are just under six months to go and figured it was probably about time.

We looked at the options with a number of places, but most of them had crazy rules or were crazy expensive. We feel really lucky to have come across and booked such a lovely place. We met today with Rev. Daly and if want she will be the one to marry us! She was a great person and was very helpful and warming. It really made us feel at ease and ready to sign on the line.

When we walked into the sanctuary my eyes first looked up and got the towering pipes that were along the back wall. Secondly, I saw where Cara and I will stand. I envisioned us there, holding hands and making such a great commitment together. It just felt right and this there was no better place then here for us to do it.

Rev. Daly then showed us the church gardens, which, are going to look amazing in mid-August and be a great place for some pictures.

After we signed the papers and said goodbye to Rev. Daly, Cara and I walked back into the sanctuary. I walked right up to where I will stand and she stayed back at the door. I looked at her in her red coat (the same she wore when I proposed) and I saw the pews seated with our family and friends. I looked at the glass windows in the back and knew that this is where I will see her come first, before she starts down the aisle. It was really great.

Soon enough I'll see here in that dress and I in my suit. I'll get to wear a ring to symbolize our love. And I'll get to love her everyday, as I do now, but with a deeper bond. We'll be married, and this is where it will happen. My dreams come true on August 14th.

Cara, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment