Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Répondez s'il vous plaît....today

Today is the deadline for our guests to let us know if they are totally awesome or plan on having major surgery that results in a direct conflict of celebrating our special day with us. Which, just so you know, is only an excuse as far as you can throw it. And last time I checked, you can't throw words. Simmer on that for a while.

Now I'm no mathematician and not since that one time in 2003 did I ever claim to be, but I think we are at around 72% for the total number of people we expected would come.

It's been pretty exciting to get home every day and check the mailbox for little pink envelopes of delight.

Yesterday I received a declined card from my friend Smokey who lives in Las Vegas. I knew he probably wasn't coming because of the distance, but it sure was nice to see his RSVP card come back and the line of congrats he gave us.

I think that has been part of the fun of this whole RSVP process. Being able to open the envelopes, touch the cards and see who is coming or not. I love seeing everyone's handwriting. It is such a personal thing that is associated with each particular individual and something that I feel is lost in this digital age.

So now what? 72% isn't 100%. Doesn't wedding tradition show that there will be a good number of RSVP's coming in the mail after our deadline?


My promise to you, the reader:

For every RSVP that comes in after today's deadline, I will reserve a special daily post to poke fun at those people. I will spare no one and probably lose position in a few will's and Christmas card lists for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment